Childhood Reflection Essay Assignment
It's easy. Start from an outline and then just follow your plan. Sometimes it's better to start from the main part of an essay - its body, and after that, write an introduction and a conclusion, according to your intro.
We recommend to choose a reflective essay title before writing it itself. In general, writing a reflective essay does not differ from any other type of paper. The only difference that it should be a reflection of yourself. And here we are going to tell you all nuances and share tips on how to write a reflective essay. Just keep reading.
What is a Reflective Essay?
One of the first things you should consider it to define what reflective essay actually is. This is a reflection of yourself. You will have a definite topic, which concentrates on you. Your reader will expect the evaluation of your life during some period of time. Your teachers and/or professors may ask you to reflect on different memories, feelings, and emotions of your past. They are supposed to be exciting and interesting. This is a critical key. Otherwise, your potential audience will not wish to read a boring author.
I NEED A REFLECTIVE ESSAY
You will have to go back to your previous life experiences and give a clear account of a certain event, happening or feeling. It is necessary to choose the proper words and phrases while reflecting your thoughts and showing what you feel. Therefore, you should decide on the correct word choice to fully describe what you wish.
This is a very special and really personal essay type. You will need a lot of things to consider, reflect and explain. You are to demonstrate various feelings you felt previously. For instance, you may have to show how you have changed since your childhood or how you used to play with your first friends. Your teacher may likewise ask you to highlight some events, which are related to social or political aspects too. Your mind surely has such memories. Nevertheless, you may not have all the details to make the story full. Take some time to reflect all necessities.
In addition, you should identify your own writing style to make the content clearer, readable and positive. Reveal an original manner. Try to share with your audience important and happy feelings. Nevertheless, be honest. If you have something negative, mention it as well.
At times, looking on some other essays may come you in handy too. It is quite possible that an illustration essay may help you. Take a look if you have time.
How to Write a Reflective Essay
Now, that you already know what is a reflective essay you should figure out how to write a reflective essay. This is useful information, and you should study this matter to have a better understanding of how to put the things together.
Of course, you will require a decent plan to develop your paper. It gives lots of benefits. When you create an outline, you will have a clearer view of the further development of your literature work. You have a decent structure, which would reveal how to write your story step by step and page by page.
You should be organized and gradually develop your assignment. Thus, the process of writing will become much easier. Make allowances for the following points:
Reflective Essay Outline
You should outline each part of your written assignments to write it quicker. Consider the following steps:
- Choosing topic
- Gathering information
- Refining informative resources
- Writing a draft
- Writing main parts of the project
- Making references
Reflective Essay Outline Structure
In general, your outline should contain three main points:
- Main body
Introduction to a Reflective Essay
Any academic assignment should begin with the introduction. It should be:
You should explain what you are going to describe and what your main ideas are. A proper start sufficiently increases your chances of success.
Reflective Essay Thesis
The thesis statement should reveal your main purpose. You should:
- Describe a definite event, experience or change;
- Include at least one strong example that makes the picture fuller;
- Show effects, consequences, how some events affected you in person and what your experience gave you.
How to Write a Conclusion for a Reflective Essay
The last paragraph is the general overview and the summary of your paper. The conclusion should:
- Retell the story in other words
- Highlight the main points
- Logically conclude the research
The end should be effective. If you draw proper conclusions, you will show the high level of understanding what you have depicted in your own story.
Under the condition, you are looking for a deep research on the mentioned above essentials you may use the next link. Using this guide, you may discover some other helpful tips to write an appropriate reflective essay.
ORDER A REFLECTIVE ESSAY
Reflective Essay Examples
In order to compose an effective paper, you should read some reflective essay examples. Read those that are typical for your educational institution and meet your goals. The things could become more complicated than you thought before. Except for the main parts of your reflective essay, there are some other essentials to consider. Amongst these there ought to be taken into account the next essentials:
- Making a draft. Depending on your goals, write the first draft to see how the things appear on the paper. Afterward, you may correct all weak places and introduce something you might have missed previously.
- Following the format. You should obligatorily follow a certain format. This may be APA, Chicago, Harvard, etc. Don’t forget to ask your supervisor about this essential moment.
- Writing the right references. Thinking that you have done the whole work after three main parts of your assignment would be a bad habit. Your informative sources should be properly cited. Name the resources you took to complete your task and organize them in accordance with your academic style.
These prompts are helpful. Don’t forget them. Please, mind that you might possibly require some other assistance that differs from reflective essay examples. Consequently, we propose to review the following link – to ease your academic duties. Later on, those tips might come you in handy.
Reflective Essay Topics
At times, you may be missing some good ideas for your reflective essay topics. Even if you are taught how to write the reflective essay, you may not be able to pick up a relevant and interesting topic.
Good Reflective Essay Topics
- Experience you’ll never forget
- What breaks your heart?
- What can inspire you?
- Your special qualities
- How do you reach your goals?
Personal Reflective Essay Ideas
- What do you like about yourself?
- Your biggest fears.
- Your main dreams.
- What should be your future like?
- How do you overcome stress?
Reflective Essay on English Class
Under the condition, you cannot perform a reflective essay on English class make a deeper research. Explore the local libraries and the Internet. This is a good piece of advice. If we were asked where to find proper topics, we would suggest this web resource. Keep it in memory and take some notes to have the ability to choose a suitable topic and complete your assignment.
Of course, you may have some other opinions, and this link might appear to be of little importance for you. Therefore, we encourage you to make a decent analysis of other resources or ask us to assist you in this matter as well.
Visit our official webpage and place instant orders. Our service is becoming one of the best in its class and can become your best assistant.
Reflective Essay Writing Process
A reflective essay is a piece of academic writing aiming to examine, observe, and describe the progress of the writer’s individual experience. When writing your essay, keep in mind, that you should focus on the deeper look at yourself, on your inner emotions rather than on the event itself. Make your reflective essay really “reflective” – reflect on your personality. The reader should have a clear picture of who you are and what has made you that way. If you hesitate or short on time, trust your essay to our essay writing in UK service
Reflective Essay Structure
A typical reflective essay structure is that of a five paragraph essay consisting of the introduction, the main body, and the conclusion.
Introduction. In this part of your essay, you present your thesis statement which should grasp the reader’s attention, make them be interested in what you’re writing about.
Main body. Dwell on your topic sentence in detail. This section usually contains three paragraphs, each one describing the event from its own perspective. Thus, the reader will get a volumetric picture of what was going on.
Conclusion. The task of the conclusion is to bring all the pieces of the picture together nicely. Write a brief summary of your main points and the overall takeaway from your reflection.
If you don’t know how to write a reflective essay, here is the article that may help you:
What Is a Reflective Essay?
Read the list below to choose your reflective essay topic:
Top 50 Reflective Essay Topics
Topics about Relationships
1. The moment when your heart was broken.
2. The moment you realized you are in love.
3. What role has family played in your life?
4. Describe your biggest quarrel with younger (older) siblings.
5. The role of friendship in my life.
6. A person that changed my life.
7. The most hurting thing a relative or a friend said to you.
8. Top ten qualities you consider to be the most important in people.
9. The time you felt responsibility for someone.
10. Sharing and revealing secrets.
Topics about Places
1. My first trip abroad.
2. The most unusual place I have ever been to.
3. The place I would never visit again.
4. The most frightening place I have ever been to.
5. My first hiking (mountaineering, windsurfing etc.) experience.
6. Your favourite place for shopping or having dinner.
7. A vacation spot you would like to visit again and again.
8. Your favourite online spaces like social networks, websites or forums.
9. How has your room changed since your childhood?
10. Going to mosque or other house of worship not belonging to your religion.
Topics about Events
1. A high / middle / elementary school (college) experience I will never forget.
2. The moment you realized you had done a great mistake.
3. The best party in your life or the celebration you will never forget.
4. The event that divided your life into “before” and “after”.
5. The first time you spent with friends with no parental supervision.
6. A thunderstorm, snowstorm, hurricane or any other natural disaster.
7. Moving to a new city or country.
8. A sporting event you took part in.
9. Describe something that you did not like at first, but then it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.
10. Which book/movie has left an indelible impression on your mind?
Topics about You
1. What role has school played in your life?
2. What makes me stand out of the crowd?
3. What do you feel when telling lies?
4. What fears do you have? How do you deal with them?
5. The moment you felt proud of yourself.
6. Describe a childish dream that has already come true.
7. A time when you felt lost in life.
8. A small thing I did to make the world we live in a little bit better.
9. The biggest challenge in your life.
10. What would you consider to be your biggest strength and weakness?
Topics about your Daily Life
1. Watching a horror movie with your friends.
2. The worst or the happiest day in your life.
3. The first day on a new job.
4. What was your first date like?
5. Your driving experience.
6. The first thing I think of in the morning.
7. Describe a day when the electricity or water supply was not working.
8. Describe the time you tried to fix something.
9. A funny story with your pet.
10. The time you felt ashamed.
If you are looking for some reflective essay examples, here is one:
Reflective Essay Sample
Need a reflective essay on one of the topics from the list? Place an order and our writers will write you a high-quality reflective essay.